GOT OUR BABY!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 22nd 2005
Published: October 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We got a van!!!!!!!
Thursday (20th) we found a van we liked, negotiated the price, got it checked out by the mechanic, then negotiated the price and got it knocked down further for the price of the repairs that needed to doing. So we were going to get it the day after.
After spending the whole day there, don't know how!, we went to get a late lunch at one of the many food courts that sell Japanese, chinese, Malay, Indian, Mongolian, Turkish food and many more and we had a curry, very nice.

Friday (21st) spoke to the owner of the hostel who put worries in our minds. It just so happened there are several mechanics staying at the hostel so we met the guys whos van it is and we drove it to our hostel for them to have a quick look over. They said it was fine, so very happy!
Got the money, got the van!!! It's a Mitsubushi, Delica. It came with all the camping, cooking gear. Utensils, chairs, cool box, atlas, duvet, pillows, covers, blanket, storage boxes. Everything! So we didn't have to buy a thing. Take a look at the photos.
Another late lunch, we had another curry!

Today whilst the van was being fixed with a new cam belt and casing, with Andy supervising, I went to a couple of dance classes in the centre. I went to a ballet class followed by a hip hop class. The ballet was really too easy, but ok. The hip hop made me work hard and it was so cool!
So now the van is ready to go. We went for our last walk into town to take a photo of the sky tower, as this is the only time it has stopped raining since we got here! Stocked up the van with food, we are ready for the off tomorrow when we should be heading up to the bay of islands.
So far New Zealand has been expensive, as in pretty much the same prices as England! Bit of a shock after South America. Hopefully this is because we are in the city and it will be cheaper else where.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



1st November 2005

camping car
Hi, we will arrive in auckland next week. how can we find a car like you have? Thanks for help Roland.Steinke@beachclub2000.de
1st November 2005

Blog Bereaved
Hi you two, do you realise your readership is going through hell awaiting your next journal.We can't sleep at nights wondering whats going to happen next.Veiwing figures are better that 'East Enders'.Come on get your finger out!PS glad you're having such a wonderful time. Love Dad and Anna

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb