ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
October 19th 2005
Published: October 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yes, we arrived yesterday in NZ! We set off Monday and 12 hours later arrived Wednesday, we lost a day (18th) go figure!
Yesterday we got to our hosetl at about 8.30am, we arrived at 4am. Can't believe how easy it is here, even just at the airport! They have hundreds of leaflets and people to help you!!
To get to the centre we have to walk through the red light district!! But it's fine.

Had a couple of hours sleep then went for a walk around the city. It's a nice city. First impresions are good! Had a look at the harbour and the shops. We went to the backpackers car market as we are thinking of buying a camper van to travel in. We were a little disappointed as they consisted of a normal van with a makeshift bed in the back for more money than we were expecting! So we are going back to look again as we are in no rush!

Last night we went to a comedy club, I got us in as 2 students so 2 for the price of 1! It was good, lasted a couple of hours had 9 different comedians.

Advertisement



20th October 2005

Hi
Hi Melis, Andy, Marg just sent me the link to your diary so have just had a good read. Sounds like you're having a great time, will pass this on to Sar and Gems. Take care.
20th October 2005

Hi Melissa and Andy, I really love reading your exploits, now is the chance for some real adrenalin rushes (not that I would know, just been told about it). Take care XX
21st October 2005

Auckland stuff
Kia Ora...Hey if you want to buy a van there are some selling on queen street in the FAI building (above starbucks and ANZ?) on the seventh floor, Japanese place, but there're a few. I live in Auckland, studying Japanese, I'm in the city most of the time it's 0210721725 if you need anything, I'm a kiwi. Go AB's! Becky
22nd October 2005

WOW!!! that view from san christobel was amazing! I've just woken up and it's the first thing I've seen so it will stay in my mind all day which is good cos it's pretty shitty here today! Good luck getting a campavan. That sounds like a much better way to get around and you can go where you want with almost zero hastle! What fun!!!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb