mad jumper


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
September 14th 2005
Published: September 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys , Dave here - well we arrived in Aukland - another 5 star HOSTEL! note superman senior that thats not the same as a 5 star hotel, it just means you get a bit more for you 8 pounds a night - like a clean toilet for instance. Anyway it was a nice day and i thought to myself 'why not go and throw myself of the highest tower in NZ i mean whats the worst that could happen?????'.
So i did a base jump of the Sky tower.........twice.
Pretty amazing experience and after watching spiderman the night before i now know how my childhood hero feels!?
Id say the worst part is the first step off the platform, after that its a one way ticket with a great view.
Gem manage to take a few pics on the way down as on the first jump they suspend you in mid air for a while so people can take pics from the viewing gallery which incidently has tinted windows (i guess youd only know if your outside them).
Now we are in the Bay of islands and had our first night in a place called whangarei - awsome little
waiting for the fallwaiting for the fallwaiting for the fall

taking too long
hostel/ lodge with great room views of the port and a balcony! The bed was also suitably huge - a nice change from dorms.
The 70 year old skydiving manager of the hostel took us for a night - hike into the nearby forest which we spotted huge! cave wetas/ a baby Morepork (owl)
and thousands of glowworms. A great experience - he also gave us an exclusive whangarei YHA pen for giving him some back exercises - so not a bad first night - off to paihai tomorrow!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Falling from heavenFalling from heaven
Falling from heaven

spiderman spiderman!


16th September 2005

Jumping
Going for a jump has a different meaning to what it did in our day. Jumping twice just means you are twice as mad as we thought, and thats pretty mad. Are you sure that your HOSTEL manager is not a skiving manager when you said skidiving manager. We have a queue of people at this end with a selection of pens and pretty colouring pencils. All they ask is an hours physio in return. Soon pay off your debts. I once did a years financial accounts for a hostel in return for one nights bed, and I thought that was silly. You beat me my a mile. Parental Retraining awaits in Feb. Meanwhile continue to enjoy without getting jumpy.

Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 69; dbt: 0.1089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb