Adiós New Zeland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
June 15th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the harbour bridgethe harbour bridgethe harbour bridge

not exactly sydney!
Well, Im offski!

Spent my last night with friends from home! Cheers Mickey and Rachal for the food, beer and craic, nice to get some hospitality after 6 odd weeks of communal living with smelly strangers.

Had a good time in New Zealand, although, really didnt have enough time. 3 weeks is too short and its hard to get a real feel of the places you stay in.

Auckland as a city is a good place. Had a night here, when I first arrived! With friends of a friend. They brought me out, company credit card in hand, and bought the cocktail list! Kiwis are good folk, abeit annoying rugby supporters!

Few thoughts, dont take the piss about yachting or the swiss and yachting to anyone from Auckland. Apart from the fact that our bus driver on the way in, talked boats for close to 1.5 hrs and gave us his personalised tour of the America Cup village, these dudes take it serious. 1 in 4 have a boat here! I took the piss out of a girl, something about how can a landlocked country win the AmericasCup, the first night I got here, and she nearly hit me!

Anyway, happy to move on, and hit a new continent!

Over and out

Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb