Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

According to our bus driver, Auckland is bigger in area than London, and has really bad congestion problems, as there are more cars per person here than any other city. We had a quick scout around town the afternoon we arrived and headed to Parnell in the evening, but it was a bit dead. We randomly bumped into Matt from Noosa again whilst checking our emails, and as he was heading south the next day, hada few beers with him to say our goodbyes, very emotional.

The next day we walked to the Auckland HArbour Bridge, which is nothing really compared to the Sydney Harbour Bridge. After checking out some of the boats in the harbour, some going for a cool $12 million, we decided we all needed to get rich and get a boat each when we returned to the U.K. Will came up with the idea of setting up a Fergburger in Bristol, which I like the idea of, just need to think of a catchy name now and we're set. We played out a few rounds of our pool competition in a really nice pool club, with lots of Japanese people wearing gloves whilst playing. I did OK and am now joint 1st with Dan.

Friday night out was really busy and we lost Dan towards the end of the night, only to find him curled up in bed when we arrived back in the hostel with no recollection of how he got home. That was this morning, and today we've not done a great deal apart from sit here writing my blog with toothache. I think that about wraps things up here, I'm gonna go get a cup of tea and some kip as we're up bloody early again with the Kiwi Experience bus to the Bay of Islands tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb