Our time in Auckland comes to an end...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 31st 2007
Published: March 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well as our final night in Auckland draws to a close, I think I speak for both us when I say we have had an amazing time in Auckland!!!
We have been here for about 5days now and have managed to cram so many things into those few days!!!
Unfortunately when we arrived the rain from Fiji seemed to follow us, which wasn't great but thankfully there are plenty more things to do in Auckland when it rains and after Fiji we weren't really complaining!

Wednesday was the first official day when we did the whole sight seeing thing... Luckily for us one of the tour operators offers free trips around Auckland... So we hopped on board and ended up going and doing the bridge walk (I was bad enough walking underneath that, not sure what I will be like when we finally get to Sydney!) and even had a quick trip to Devonport! Which was great despite the rain!!!

Thursday being another rainy day we headed over to Kelly Tarlton's Underwater Experience!! It was a good day - I think Hol fell in love with the Penquins and would have loved to have taken one home with us if she could but unfortunately this wasn't possible!! Ended the day by meeting up with someone we met from Australlia and had a lovely Sushi meal... So all in all a very good day!!

Yesterday we finally made the trip up the Sky Tower - for some reason it doesn't look that high from the ground but trust me when you are there, it all changes!!!! There are some amazing fews of the city and definitely well worth it! Although I think I could have done with the bits of glass they have installed in the ground so all you see is the ground below you!!!!! Got to watch some of the being doing the sky jump - I think both Holly and I decided against it!! I think me purely for the fact that I didn't like the fact that you hung in mid air (for what seemed like 5mins) while they take your picture!!! Last night we both went our seperate ways - first time alone!!! We both had people to see while we were here and Friday was the only time we could really fit it in!!!

We head off early tomorrow morning in our slow descent towards Christchurch... Think it is going to pretty fast moving from now on!!! We only have 23days to try and squeeze in most of the North and South, which should be fun!!! But no complaints, cannot wait! Really looking forward to...

Well that's all for now... We will update when we are further along in our NZ leg of the trip...

Sending lots of love xx

Advertisement



31st March 2007

Green with envy
So Pleased you're having great time! Thank the Lord Hols isn't bringing a penguin home. Soooooo jealous of you both and look forward to seeing some photos....where are they all? More news please. x
2nd April 2007

Hi Nic, was so good seeing you. It felt like the old days! We hope you continue to have an absolutely wonderful time. lot and lots of love
2nd April 2007

hello
Hey girls, Just thought it was about time I sent a responce. Sounds like you are defintely making the most of it, dispite the rain!!! Take Care xxx

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb