Road Trip!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 18th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We have actually bought and paid for our car!!! sooo very excited by this as it has been such a mission trying to get the cash together when my money transfer was taking four days to go through and charlie was maxing out her cash allowance every day to et enough together! Of course this has meant that we have been broke for the last 3days which makes having fun in auckland quite difficult but we've done all the free attractions, the parks, markets (without buying anything!) and of course we've walked up the biggest hill ever every day to deliver our cash to the strange people who run the backpackers car market, and yes, they were very strange! it is actually proving quite difficult to meet any New Zealanders here, so far its been all english, canadian, chinese and dutch! v random! While here i've also managed to get my first sunburn which is soo random, we have to keep reminding ourselves it is actually november!


Anyway, as from tomorrow we are on a proper road trip, we have no idea where we are going to end up every night which is cool as there are loads of hostels but we're heading for the northernmost point of NZ, Cape Reinga, past 90 mile beach and a multitude of other cool places which i will update you on next time we find an internet cafe!

Speak soon xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb