waiheke island and sad departures


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
January 10th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

a queena queena queen

to me....melissa looking regal in a wooden thrown on the way to the beach.
i know these entries are REALLY late....but i'm going to post them anyway for the pictures and so you all know what a lucky girl i am. after skydiving we spent the day mountain biking in taupo. i saw melissa actually get so angry she kicked her bike....she didn't like it too much. i on the other hand had a blast. this day we also found the thermal pools (which we weren't looking for) to bask in.

from taupo we spent another day travelling to waiheke island, a small island just 30 minutes by ferry outside of auckland....but with the feel of a completely secluded place. we arrived and were welcomed to our little cottage that overlooked the beach. we had a relaxing evening with a bottle of wine we bought on our tour in marlborough and indian food. yum yum. we walked along the beach as the sunset....picture perfect it was. we made plans to go to the big beach the next day....beautiful, but very windy. we ended up basking on a lawn instead of the white sand.

that afternoon we learned to windsurf!! melissa was way way better than me (though she said otherwise....she is wrong and
sweetsweetsweet

us walking on the beach at sunset.
i am right....the usual)!! it was fun to get in the water and it was something we both picked up really fast....even better!! melissa was an expert (as you can see from the photo) right away. she doesn't really know how to wear a wetsuit though.

i won't talk about the next day's because they're too close to her departure. sad sad.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

waihekewaiheke
waiheke

onetangi beach....
expertexpert
expert

told you so.


Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1113s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb