jumping out of perfectly good airplanes


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Taupo
January 6th 2006
Published: January 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

GETTING READY TO GOGETTING READY TO GOGETTING READY TO GO

WE AREN'T SCARED AT ALL!!
woohoo. WE DID IT (I WITH COMPLETE COMPOSURE AND CAITIE WITH NOT SO MUCH). so, after riding on a bus for a full 6 hours from wellington we arrived in taupo. we got to our hostel and were almost immediately off to the air field in taupo to jump. i had been working myself up for a couple of days, trying to get excited but mostly nervous. I ON THE OTHER HAND WAS COMPLETELY COOL AND EXCITED. yeah right. ANYWAY, WE'RE WAITING OUTSIDE OUR HOSTEL FOR THE COMPANY TO COME PICK US UP AND A FREAKIN' LIMO DRIVES INTO THE CARPARK!! we were carted off in style to jump. it was windy so we waited around the hanger for a couple hours. but finally we were getting into our goofy jumpsuits and harnesses....we'd watched 2 groups of jumpers go up and return safely; speckling the sky with colors as they fell.

SO WE WERE ALSO STARS OF OUR OWN DVD'S WHICH YOU ALL SHOULD BE EXCITED TO SEE BECAUSE WE BOTH LOOK LIKE FOOLS. WE TOOK PHOTOS WITH OUR JUMPMASTERS AND PILED INTO THE PLANE. we smooshed into the plane (a smaller plane than the two previous groups had taken....they
PIMP MY RIDEPIMP MY RIDEPIMP MY RIDE

this is what they picked us up in....
used a swimming noodle to keep the door shut ok!!) WE TOOK OFF AND STARTED OUR CLIMB TO 15,000FT....YEAH THAT'S RIGHT 15,000FT ABOVE THE GROUND. we got a nice scenic tour of taupo from the sky before we jumped. THIS IS SOME SWEET AS(S). I WATCHED CAITIE JUMP AND AS I WAS PERCHED ON THE EDGE OF THE PLANE I HAD A SINGLE MOMENT OF....NERVOUSNESS....IT PASSED AS QUICKLY AS IT ARRIVED AND THEN WE FELL. like rocks we fell from the plane. it was unreal. i was scared....really scared for the first few seconds (you'll see in the video) and i think i just breathed or screamed all of the fear out of me. then it was just amazing.

we went up, we came down, and we have videos and pictures and t-shirts to show for it. NOTHING ELSE THOUGH....THE FEELING IS ALL OURS.

peace out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

our launching/landing stripour launching/landing strip
our launching/landing strip

this is where it all happens....check out the sign in the far left corner :o)
spectatingspectating
spectating

gazing at a sky speckled with jumpers....BEFORE


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb