Mongolian assault on the BMW Open 0 goal


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » South Auckland
February 18th 2014
Published: February 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

BMW New Zealand Open Polo Tournament

Day 1. Getting there.

4.30 up trying to pack, 6 am at Opiango, headquarters of McLean/Kuru Polo and the van is all packed for me. Threw the pack in, forgot the suit carrier, bugger no cocktail party for me.

6.30 loaded the horses, all in a specific order, rat bags at the back, the truck away to pick up Robbie's horses. 18 horses in all 4 per player, Cody, Mamunaa, Uunee and Robbie, with a couple of spares.

All aboard we head off, in the van with me i have the Mongolians, less Uunee, and two Australians , 1st stop Taupo, the D'Bretts thermal hot pools with the requisite, A beautiful coffee stop on the way.

We had time for a quick hot dip, too hot for our Mongolians, then chase the truck all the way to Clevedon, when we caught them up horses were unloaded right opposite the playing field, 1st win they reckon, no loading and unloading.

It was then out with the pink and green buckets and Cody’s special brews to keep the horses up to peak condition. They all get a little tidy up clip as well some not liking it one bit, is when Palam gets called in for a little obedience tactic.

Once the horses are all tended to its time to find a bed, we headed further out of town to the last of Auckland’s little bays before the Coromandel, all new country to me, a beautiful spot is found at Orere Point Top 10 camp.

Everybody is packed into small chalets and one tent, the boys relaxing with some hoops while Kate whips up a great meal.

15 of us in all, 5 Mongolians, Mamunaa, Uunee, Palam, Rentsen, Moggy, Robbie(Boss) his Groom Rachel, Harriet (Boss Hogg) Kate, Eileen, our two Australians, Carl and Byron, the Englishman Cody, polo groupie come chauffeur Bo and wee Sophia making up the numbers, with a 9.30 lights out looks like serious assault on low goal polo at the BMW Open.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Aussies and MongoliansAussies and Mongolians
Aussies and Mongolians

check for any familiar faces from previous Mongolian blogs
what you reckon Aussiewhat you reckon Aussie
what you reckon Aussie

they gonna feed me?
PalamPalam
Palam

A bit of hold still treatment


18th February 2014

Bo keep the commentary coming as well as the photos. Amber says more photos

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb