Day 59: Exercise and a new beach


Advertisement
Guam's flag
Oceania » Guam » Tamuning
January 3rd 2019
Published: January 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Things were pretty chill today so I took the opportunity to get in a run and go to a new beach. Beach Bar is known for having sand volleyball and a little deeper ocean area with waves. My biggest disappointment of the island is the reef that surrounds the majority of it. The reef protects the island from typhoons and tsunamis but also prevents waves from getting close to shore and most areas are relatively shallow. Getting out past the reef is possible but if you get taken by a wave you get tossed into the reef which I am going to guess is painful. Here there is a channel that leads out past the reef and it is deep enough to take you over the top of the reef if you get taken. So much of the day was spent playing over under. We also chatted with our site coordinator for our volunteer experience in Cambodia. We are going to be in Siem Reap for the next 4 weeks working with an organization on creating water filters, digging wells, making bathrooms and working in a community garden. It will be nice to feel less like a tourist for a bit and get some roots in an area. If you have recommendations on what to do here (in Cambodia), pass them along! We have also booked our return flight. We our flying out of Bangkok the first week of March and making our return to Minneapolis. I thought this would bring some ease to my parents, but when I told mom, she said THAT IS TWO MORE MONTHS! WHAT IS IN THIALAND?! But for those of you who had concern, we will be coming home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb