Day 7 - Bora Bora (St Regis Resort)


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia
December 15th 2014
Published: June 8th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -16.4993, -151.74

We wake this morning to pouring rain. The joys of the wet season.

Deb has had an upset stomach all night but is starting to rally. We ring and cancel the champagne breakfast we ordered yesterday as we both could not face another meal after last nights feast.

After a refreshing shower Deb is feeling better, and we both read as it continues to pour rain. Mt Otemanu is hidden behind the clouds again but it looks like the weather is starting to clear. We get a call from Sebastian enquiring into Debs well being as the news has spread amongst the butlers after we cancelled breakfast. Deb tells him she ate to much but is much better now. He orders two cold waters to be sent to the villa immediately.

At 1.00pm it is still cloudy and we are picked up and taken to the Miri Miri spa on its own private lagoon island. It offers a state-of-the-art fitness center and an incomparable array of island-inspired indulgences and we have booked a complimentary 50 minute couples massage.

Not being people who partake of massages we do not know what to expect. We were shown six or so exotic oils and asked to choose our favourite. We were then led to separate chambers to change into robes, then shown to a dimly lit room containing two massage tables beside each other. The girls asked us to disrobe then left the room before we did so. We lied in the tables covered by a sheet and waited for their return. On entering they lifted one side of the sheet discretely and started the long massage. What was it like, slippery, soothing and painfull all at the same time. After they finished they motioned for us to re-robe then waited for us outside. We were led to the same separate chambers to get dressed and then it was all over.

Our ride was waiting outside and we discussed the experience on the way back. Did we feel relaxed, NO, did we feel sore, YES, did our skin feel nice, YES would we do it again, probably NOT.

On returning to our villa the weather had cleared and the sun was out so we decided to crack one of our Mumm champagnes and sit on the deck. We also decided to order an antipasto meat, bread, cheese and red wine platter for sunset instead of heading down to the restaurant precinct. On arriving the room service staff set up a beautiful table and the wine was a Chateau Margaux 2009, excuse us. It was a very pleasant way to while away the last light of the day and the last night of our holiday on Bora Bora.

Hint - room service meals are well worth the money figuratively speaking, not so sure about the massage though.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb