Moorea, Polynesia


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Moorea
January 16th 2014
Published: January 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

January 16, 2014

Left Papeete early this morning for the very short trip to Moorea. Way too many photo opportunities here. This is really an amazing place. Post Card views everywhere you look.

Left the ship this morning by tender to Moorea for a 3 ½ hour “ Off Road “ trip into the island for some sightseeing and some insight into the local history. Small population here and a lot of the locals commute by High Speed Ferry to Papeete for work every day.

This was a great morning group tour ( 8 people ) in the back of a covered truck ( called Le Truck ) with a great guide and some amazing scenery.

A stop, and walk to Magic Mountain top for some spectacular views of the bay and our ship. We visited a local fruit juice ( and liquor ) manufacturer, and stopped at a local pineapple plantation. One more stop for another view from high up a mountain and a little more history and an archaeology site before returning to the ship before lunch. Great morning.

Quiet afternoon on board the Cruise Ship and time to explore the facilities.



Off to Raiatea tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb