Papeete, Tahiti


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
January 14th 2014
Published: January 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

January 14, 15, 2014



Arrived late night January 14th in Papeete, Tahiti from Easter Island ( 5 hour flight and arrived at the same time we left – chasing the sun !! ).

This morning we took a 3 ½ hour bus tour of some of the highlights of Papeete and the Island of Tahiti. This is really a beautiful place to say the least. Stayed at the Le Meridien Hotel a short drive from town. Very nice accommodation with a beautiful beach, walk in snorkeling and a great location.

Wednesday we took it easy around the hotel waiting for our boarding time on the Oceana Marina Cruise Ship. This could have been better organized by Oceana as a lot of people were like us and had to leave our hotel room with nowhere to go for 5 or 6 hours. Kept busy at the pool and beach.

B C ( Bring Cash ) Tahiti is a very expensive place for everything we looked at. Lots of taxes. We expect all of French Polynesia will be the same. Papeete city has some shopping but not much else to offer for us.

We boarded the Marina late afternoon to begin the 10 day cruise around French Polynesia.



This is quite the ship to say the least. Absolutely beautiful !! Looks like a great time ahead of us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb