Bora Bora


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Bora Bora
September 6th 2008
Published: September 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We went down for breakfast again but Matt still couldn’t face any food so just had a coffee I munched my way through a big basket of bread and a plate of tropical fruit.

After breakfast we spent a couple of hours in the bar using the internet to do some research on camper vans for New Zealand, then packed ourselves a bag so that we could take the kayaks out.

Today we got a bit further as the water was a bit calmer. There were lots of rays in the lagoon but they move really quickly so we couldn't get too close to them no matter how hard we tried to keep up. We debated whether we had the strength to cut across the water to make it to the end of the motu but a dark cloud loomed over it and we thought as it came over it would bring wind with it that would make paddling difficult. Instead we headed back to the same deserted patch of beach we stopped at yesterday and spent the morning laying in the clear water together.

I soon realised it was getting late and if Matt wanted lunch we had to go back (I'd chosen breakfast instead - we could only really afford to have one or the other, plus having both was too much food). We set off and enjoyed the journey back with the wind behind us.

Vlad was there waiting for us and got straight to work on Matt’s mahi mahi with vanilla sauce.

After lunch we took dips in the pool and curled up in the big deck chairs until a storm blew in. It poured down. We sat under the restaurant cover using the internet for the rest of the afternoon and looking out at the dense cloud clinging to the top of the mountain. It looked just like there was a fire on the mountain top - the cloud was so thick it looked like smoke.

Dinner tonight was fillet steak with a creamy pepper sauce as Vlad had just had some fresh beef delivered that day. Unfortunately we couldn’t afford the bottle of red wine we’d have liked to go with it but it was still delicious.

On the way back to our bungalow Matt took some amazing photos of the moon. As we walked back to our room something caught my eye; it was a dog on the beach following us. When I looked at him he lay down. As we carried on he crept up on us and whenever I turned around he lay down wagging his tail. Finally as we reached our deck he came up onto it and laid at my feet wagging his tail. I had to go inside and get him some biscuits. He probably slept outside all night after that.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



16th September 2008

Fair Play
Just think your holiday so far has been excellent. You remind me of me and my new wife gina. We love kayaking (abroad only!!), and would also appreciate the baguettes, and pain au chocolat you would eat for breakfast. If your like us, you are having an amazing time. We're heading to Bora Bora later this year or early next year. Really excited. Enjoy the rest of your trip
29th October 2008

Bora Bora
I'd definitely recommend Bora Bora, it's just the most beautiful island I've ever seen. If you can, spend a few days at Eden Beach Hotel which is on a small island off the mainland (it's a good idea to spend a few days on the mainland too). You can book it through Expedia for about £140 per night which by Bora Bora standards isn't too bad! Enjoy your trip! Karen

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb