Bora Bora


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Bora Bora
September 7th 2008
Published: October 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent most of the morning using Skype to call our families, then spent some time lying on our sun loungers on the beach. I kept trying to take in the view and make the most of it as we haven’t got long left here.

Around lunchtime we headed to the pool to cool off and had some lunch. To walk off some of the food we headed down the jetty to watch the fish, and found a ladder at the bottom. We climbed down expecting it to be deeper water, but it only came up to just above ankle level. The dark blue channel dug out of the mud for the boats was visible so Matt jumped into it, but again it wasn’t as deep as expected and only came up to his waist.

We tried to get a look at some of the fish under the jetty but as soon as we got close they sped off. We absolutely love Bora’s lagoon but we are missing snorkelling a lot.

As the sun was still very hot we headed undercover to do more camper van research for NZ. It’s a shame to have to waste time on Bora using the internet for research but this is probably the only chance we will get and we need to make sure we get the cheapest price for the vans - unfortunately for us there are hundreds of campervan hire companies and all have different ways of charging which makes it really difficult to compare them.

We headed down to dinner and caught the end of sunsetting over the mountain. We got a beautiful photograph which shows the golden glow over the hills.

Dinner tonight was Vlads homemade curry. It was great and even rivalled the currys that Rani used to make us at Grange Cres (and that’s high praise). He offered us a second helping but we just couldn’t manage any more.

It was sad walking back along the beach knowing that it was our last night. I hope we get the opportunity to come back here again.

We went inside and locked up, and as I went to turn the lights out I noticed our dog was back on our deck probably hoping for more biscuits.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb