Day 9 Mantaray Island 7th Oct


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
October 7th 2014
Published: October 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Frantic packing in the morning to get ready to leave Beachcomber to move onto Mantaray island. Not the smoothest of boat trip for someone who did far too many shots the night before. This fate I had intended to avoid, although this did not go to plan. The scenery was absolutely amazing so at least that was of minor healing.



Arrived on the much bigger island of Mantaray (famous for its Mantaray seeing) to more singing and a delicious Mango drink. We were shown to our dorm and had an lunch. Cheeky power nap and then some snorkelling – the snorkelling here is much better than the other island and there are some really colour fish – one really small one is this wonderful electric blue colour. Because Em and I are stupid we missed out on the Mantaray trip to see the Mantarays, not realising that if they beat that drum you run and jump in the boat. Prayed that tomorrow the Mantarays were still here as it is coming to the end of their season.



Dinner here was a 4 course affair! Fijians definitely wish to feed you up. Then proceeded to watch some traditional Fijians dancing. The singing and music was amazing. Their harmonies are just on point. Plus there was one guy playing the bass which was just on a big box with what looked like a bow and arrow.



Couple games of beer pong with me and this northern guy called Stephen (team ginger), lots of this girl is on fire jokes. Then I snuck away to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb