Matamonoa island


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
March 23rd 2014
Published: March 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We checked out and waited for a free transfer coach to take us to the port to catch the boat to matamonoa island.

The boat took approximately an hour and a half. We got to see some of the islands that we nearly.stayed at such as Tokoriki. It looked beautfiul so i prayed we made the right choice. We arrived at our destination. We had to get off the bigger boat onto a smaller one to take us directly to the beach. The islamd was beautiful. The sea crystal clear and the sand so clean and white. The staff were singing as we arrived and we were given a shell necklace each. I felt amazing, such a good place to end our trip.

We were sat down and given a welcome cocktail. It looked and tasted good. They informed us how the resort works such as meal times, activities etc.

We were then.shown to our beachfront bure (no 10). It is the most stunning place ive ever stayed in. It is.decorated as a fijan house would be and has flowers everywhere. We stepped outside and we have our own.hammock, two deckchairs and two.sunloungers and the beach and sea is literally at our feet. This is seriously how I want heaven to be.

We had a walk along the beach.The sand is so soft, the sea so clear its perfect.

We can hire snorkelling gear from the reception.for free. It was nice as the sea was so warm, the coral and fishes are so colourful. We had never been snorkelling just the two of us it was really nice to be able to do it till you have had enough and not have to follow the group.

We had worked up an appetite so we went for lunch and had fish and chips.

The afternoon consisted of.walking along the beach which feels like your own private beach most of the time. Dipping in the clear blue water and the hardest part lying in the sun ( it was hard because its so hot). Even had time for a late afternoon nap.

Teatime soon arrived and we went to the only resturant on the island. We sat outside and looked at the stars until food arrived. The hotel staff sang a welcome song to us and a goodbye song to people who were leaving.

I thought we were gonna have a chilled night in our bure but we sat.with a couple who were a bad influence and me and darren were the last to bed. They have this drink called cava. It looks like dirty dishwater and tastes like it to. Tradition is you clap once drink the cava then clap three times. We dont know why but everyone did it and apparently its illegal in England. We played some games then the staff played music till late was a really chilled friendly atmosphere.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb