Fiji Night...erm....hmm


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
October 21st 2009
Published: October 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My god we have the noisiest next door neighbour. I woke up at 2.30 am and couldn’t get back to sleep, he went to the toilet about 4 times, banging everything, and coughing; snoring came from both the left and the right side of us too. I was not impressed, and not even that, we have no fan here and breakfast is from 7am till 8am. Great.
Still at Wayalailai Eco Haven - As we thought the meal last night was not the best we decided to skip breakfast although we were really hungry so i soon went down for some crisps. Today the whole Fiji time started to get the better of me, there is only so much lying about in hammocks that you can do. Don’t get me wrong its nice to just chill but 11days down the line and still 7 to go does take its toll. I cant complain though, that would be just morally wrong. Today literally consisted of lying in the hammock and watching the albino, i have some pictures and they will be posted, don’t worry about that.
For lunch we had a lovely lunch....not. we had some sort of strange batter stuff, with fish (which i didn’t mind as i don’t really like it usually) also hard cold creamy potato, 2 ritz biscuits and some coconut....awful...you feel like you have to try and eat it though.
We were called down a little early tonight for a kava welcoming ceremony. We all had to have some kava, this was not strong at all thank god, mud water is not so good. Dinner tonight we were not looking forward to. It is Fiji night, we have chicken, pork, squid, real sea weed, cabbage style coleslaw, we had no knives or forks and had to eat it all with our hands, we also had slobbery spinach; sort of like a paste, which was useful as i could hide some of the stuff under it. Haha. Oh yeah it was all slow cooked in their underground oven if you know how they do that. Not good now im getting hungry, definitely going tomorrow to somewhere with good food and decent size portions. So as you can imagine i left most of it.
Went up to bed at about 9.15 as we were tired and knew we had to be up early for the stupid 7am breakfast.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb