LAST DAY OF A FABULOUS VACATION


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
December 1st 2022
Published: December 2nd 2022
Edit Blog Post

Well, how did that happen? Three weeks gone already and not looking forward to returning to Ontario to the cold and snow.

Went out snorkeling for an hour this morning. We went out to the inner coral reef and saw plenty of small very colourful fish and iridescent blue starfish. There are small new coral lumps in pale purple colour that attract small black fish with white dots on them. Some of the little fish are eye-popping purple/blue, some are see through, some are striped, and there are turquoise & black striped. I saw a strange creature that was about 18” long as big around as an english cucumber with two tone brown colours. It moved out of my way a little and I decided to give it plenty of space!

The South Pacific ocean is very warm and so very clear. It was heavenly floating around in that salty water - except when I got a mouthful!

I will probably spend the whole afternoon in the pool. I still have one or two cocktails to sample before the day is out. From 11 am to 3:30 pm I spent at the pool, in and out of the water whenever it got too hot. I had a “sexy lady” cocktail for my last choice.

The group met at 5 pm for a farewell drink together as we are leaving at 8 am tomorrow morning. All of us are flying to Auckland, then to Vancouver. From there, some are going to Regina, one to Montreal to continue on to Nova Scotia and the rest of us into Toronto to disperse from there to our respective homes.

Our last dinner was at the Bamboo Terrace where we shared wontons, Chicken & Cashew, Broccoli & Beef & rice. The staff sang a farewell serenade to us - they are very grateful to us for coming to Fiji, staying at the resort where they have jobs and spending money here which helps the economy. All the servers today thanked us for coming to Fiji and hope we would return.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.447s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb