BOAT ADVENTURES TODAY


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
November 30th 2022
Published: December 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

It is extremely humid this morning after the rain yesterday. And our room air conditioner decided to quit working so I guess it’s time to hit the pool again.

We have two boat trips booked this afternoon. At 12:30 we go on the glass bottom boat to see the coral reef and then at 2:30 we go on a longer trip.

Back from the glass bottom boat over the coral beds. It looks like a lot of the coral is dead but there is still some pretty blue and green tree looking coral (fire coral according to the boat captain). I didn’t add any pictures of the coral through the glass bottom because it just didn’t pick up very clearly. We didn’t go out to the big reef that surrounds the island where the waves hit the reef and roll into large breakers. After a little lunch, I‘m going back to the pool to try to stay cool. Ooops, didn’t make it back to the pool after my lunch of cold leftover pizza, cold bottle of beer and a banana. It was so hot & humid that I stayed in the room to get cooled off and didn’t go back out until it was time for the next boat cruise at 2:30.

Same boat, same captain but this time we went past the coral reef and the breakers out into the ocean. There were some really big waves that tossed the little boat up and over but Captain Nemo knew his stuff and got us over them safely. One benefit of this little cruise was they served white wine and some snacks. The water is absolutely amazing - in some depths it is an azure green and when it’s deeper it‘s a deep blue and somewhere in between it’s turquoise. You can see the bottom no matter the depth because the water is so clean and clear.

Then I went straight to the pool, got in and didn’t come out until 5:00. Back to the room for a shower and get ready for the seafood buffet at the main dining room. Here it is 7:46 and I am in bed already writing my blog. The heat and numerous drinks (beer, white wine, Mudslide cocktail at the pool bar, glass of red wine before dinner and champagne with dinner) has wiped me and if my blog seems a little garbled you’ll understand why.

See you tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.504s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb