Friday April 14th


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
April 14th 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

cairns to nandi via brisbane


Friday April 14th

OI from OZ

Happy Good Friday

Early start today from Cairns, as we’re going to Fiji.

Kirk is sick today and tossing which really sucks cuz we’re flying. We ordered a wakeup call at 6, but don’t get one, thankfully our alarm clock woke us up. After getting showered and ready we go get a cab to bring us to the airport. It’s a short ride, maybe 10 minutes, and we get checked in. Kirk runs off to the bathroom to toss. I can tell this isn’t going to be a fun day. Our flight was supposed to be for 10:30, but got changed to 7:30. Our flight out of Brisbane is at 3:30, so we now have a long stopover. We check our bags and board the plane, just as we’re taking off down the runway Kirk tosses again, but he didn’t get the bag open in time, and makes a mess of himself and me. Grrr!!! I’m not happy at all now, and thankfully the flight here is only 1.5 hours. We land and get him a bathroom, and find a shop in the airport that sells clothes. So he gets a new outfit here. We wait around the airport for our flight to Fiji, and don’t see much. Tell ya if I could fly home now I would, and skip Fiji. We board our plane for Fiji, and thankfully the flight here is only 3.5 hours. When we get to Fiji we hop in the Mercure hotel’s shuttle and are off. The hotel is nice, with a large bar / restaurant and a pool area. We order up some food and head back to the room. Wes is now sick. This isn’t good. Jason stays up with him most of the night with him being sick. The only good thing is Kirk is feeling a little better now.

Tomorrow we’re off to Taveuni, where we are staying in Fiji.

More tomorrow

Lee



Advertisement



Tot: 0.446s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 64; dbt: 0.2362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb