Treking through the jungle!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Suva
January 3rd 2008
Published: January 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

HEy everyone

today i'm in suva, the capital of fiji and therefore i have found some cheap and fast internet! yes simon please cancel that internet phone for me that would be greatly appreciated but send in my rebate first so im not out 50 bucks please and thanks! so the last few days have been INSANE i've done soooo much....i only stayed in NADi the first night then i got on my feegee experience to coral coast...yesterday we went sandboarding -ill have pics up soon- and visited a local village...we also went to the beach (one of the top 25 in the world!) and had a bbq....we then went to this super cute resort and just chilled out for the night and had a kava ceremony (an opioid based drink that is traditionally drank by fijians to welcome newcomers...makes ur tongue numb and kind of tastes like muddy water)....today we left coral cove to travel to suva....we took a 3 hour hike through the rainforest...it was ridiculous....the definitly forgot to mention that stumpy and clumsy canadians may not want to join..it was rough but omg soo much fun...then we floated down the river in river tubes and then swam in a waterfall ...super nice... then took a longboat home....i am smelly and wet but whatever its amazing here...the rainforrests are unbeliveable (go rent anaconda 2 ...they filmed that in the rainforrest we were in today and we floated down the stream too...no there are no snakes like that here..) other than that the weather is beautiful about 30 ish but pretty humid....today riding onthe boat soakin wet was teh first time i was cold this whole time in fiji....anwyays tonight we're going to suva to party a bit and tomorrow we're going to Raki raki were i'm gonna take a few days and get my diving certification....i'll probably be going island hoping in the yasawas after that...i'll keep you all posted though....

ok i gotta go love you all

gen

xoxoxoxoox

Advertisement



3rd January 2008

Sounds awesome Gen. Get used to feeling sticky from humidity...'tis the default feeling in the Jungle...and will be the same in Thailand. Wishing you safe travels and the time of your life! Laura
6th January 2008

FIJI
Bula Gen So glad you are having a Awesome Adventure in Fiji!! Too bad your plan was delayed :( lets hope that is the only one. Can't wait to see pictures and hear about all the amazing experiences you encounter. Take Care. Be Safe... Pauline

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb