Oh what a beautiful morning!!


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
September 12th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

3:15pm - Yesterday was a slightly breezy day but bored of staying around the resort we decided to go test out a new area.

We originally planned to head into the centre of the island. Suva. But learning that this was 4 hours away by bus we decided to postpone the journey for a day when we were up at a horribly early time to get the most out of the trip.

Instead we headed to Coral Coast. Which can you believe housed ridiculous amounts of coral. Being a blustery day there was no chance of swimming so we headed to a wildlife sanctuary.

Nothing as we expected for just $20 figi dollars (just over 6 pound) we headed inside to be greeted by the islands native boa snake (luckily caged). After checking for Claire that there were in fact no poisoness spiders in Fiji (She's still concerned thought cos the spiders that do live here are apparantly huge) we went to watch and participate in the turtle feeding. It was really amazing to see them eating the small cut up bits of fish that i (and some children, please do not judge) had to offer. After being offered some Moscito lotion (the natives seemed to notice the insects obvious attraction to me) we explored the nature park taking in different animals including unreal birds, fish, snakes, bats and iguanas.

At the end of the walk with many many photos claire and myself got to hold the iguanas and claire also a snake. A great shot of claire was taken with an iguana on each shoulder, one on her head and a snake in her hands. BEAUTIFUL.

It is now the following day and having limited money as we want to do an excursion tomorrow we are about to get a bus back in NADI to grab something cheap to eat and book something fun for tomorrow.

Kelly

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb