The story so far...


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
September 13th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

well well well...i know that your all having heaps of fun in SYdney with all that great weather and what not...(BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....NOT)

just kidding

well the weather here is approximately 28degrees (and it's only 5 past nine in the morning!) and it's only going to be fine and sunny again today! which means good weather for painting swimming and riding our bicycles! which we purchased for a measly $135.00 NZ and their virtually brand new....only a year old! so now we're able to get round the island in no time!

we're hoping to put up some pictures this week...but it takes time because the computers are slow, and we're fairly lazy these days..(island time!!!)

we're going off to the school now to do some more work (painting and fixing the library) until about 3:30pm (when we knock off) and after that we'll probably go for a swim and come home and cook oursleves a feast!

the people here are so lovely, and we're going to a 4th Birthday party on the 21st (next friday Aust. time) which will be so much fun!...it's for a kid of this lady who we made friends with before we came over...she tracked us down and then invited us!

it's hard to get used to everything being so close...in Sydney you have to plan everything ahead if you want to go somewhere...but here...you can just do it! everything is so chilled...we're still slowing ourselves down!

we've made friends with this old dude called 'papa Ken' who is in his late 60's and walks around with these awesome orange tinted aviator sunglasses...and yells at all the little children...he is so cool...hahaha...and hot....hahaha

we are still having issues with the roosters...but slowly but surely their being lured into our apartment (we found one that had both feet on the porch!!!!! so close to having a roast...yet so far...)

we've also found that we have a plum tree that is now yielding some serious fruits which are so sweet! and the coconuts are beginning to ripen for us!

we've discovered that we're not really into Paw Paw that much (which sucks because it's everywhere) but we do love all the other fruits...which is handy because everything in the shops that is imported from NZ and Aust is so expensive (for 2 Litres of fresh milk...it cost $11.00!!!! can you believe that...probably because there about 45 cows on the whole island...hahaha)

(by the way...thanks Doog for the twilight bark message...please keep doing it...over here you can have a twilight bark and a twilight roostie call! you'd love it!)

ahhhhh...well everyone....we better be off to catch some more rays and go for another swim in the crystal clear lagoon where so much colourful marine life abounds! we'll be posting again this week when we put the piccy's up!

LOVE YOU ALL AND MISS YOU!

TEE AND CLAIRE!

xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxox

p.s - Naomi/Jono...i hope your giving cindy heaps and heaps of scratches

p.p.s - mum=make sure you tell Ave where to go...bloody AVE!

p.p.p.s - Michelle/Allen = i hope you two are being good boys...i mean it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb