First day!


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
September 5th 2006
Published: September 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone!

yes, this is our very first entry from overseas!!!

what an exciting day we've had!

the flights over to rarotonga where pretty good...rather uncomfortable, but ok (I guess that's what you get when you fly budget airlines!)

we managed to stay awake for the majority of the trip over...and we even got a massage!

we found these heaps cool massage chairs at Auckland airport, so we bought ourselves come dinner and sat in the massage chairs for 3 hours...i'm not kidding...we sat in them for three hours...it was so good...

when we got to Rarotonga, it was a balmy 18 degrees (but it felt like 25!) and we were picked up and brought back to the hostel...where we encountered some really feral drunk pommies! gggggrrrrrr.....they vomited everywhere...it was quite funny actually...

we got all our stuff into our room, and pretty much got comatose until about 11:00 this morning. we got up and went for a stoll along the lagoon (which was so nice) alll the way to the rarotongan beach resort, where we met up with the HR manager over there...

after that, we caught the bus into the main town called Avarua, and bought ourselves a tasty can of spaghetti each, came home and munched on!

after that, we went and had a lovely sunbake on the lagoon where we encountered three dogs...ALL OF WHICH WHERE STRAY!!!!!!!!!! (i'm not kidding about that) and a cat...which we have named kitty.

we're now about to have curry for dinner...(traditional island style beef curry) and then have a shower and hop into bed (it's quarter to 5 over here now)

tomorrow we're getting picked up and we're moving into our apartment! which should be good! we'll post some photos real soon!

love you all and hope your not missing us too much!


LOVE ALWAYS!!!


CLAIRE AND TEE!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb