HELLO!


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
September 25th 2006
Published: September 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

it's so glad to hear that everythings going well!

And Naomi...i'm super glad to hear that you've been keeping Cindy up to scratch...hahaha.....get it!?!?!

anyways!

we've super busy little vegemites lately! we've got the jobs at the resorts, which means Tee is in Kids club, and i'm in the restaurant and the bar during the nights!?!?! Yeee-hah! can't wait for an island night!

we've been doing lots of snorkelling and swimming and RIDING...oh my goodness...Buns of steel i tell you! which means that we get to make the most of the spectacular weather that's been put on show for us! we've only had two days of rain this whole time we've been here...out of three weeks...only two days of rain (it usually rains in the night...but we never see that...hahaha...always too tired!)

we took a hike up into the valley to a waterfall which was amazing, because it had a huge pool, with rocks, and two waterfalls, and caves that you could swim into...and it ws crystal clear, and it freshwater, and we had the whole thing to ourselves...which was so amazing!

we've been working most days at the school with the kids, which has been a blast, because we've ahd the athletics carnival and clean up the world day so far! we've got heaps of photos of the kids to show everyone! we mainly help teach year 3 and year 4 how to read in English for a couple of hours every day...our cupboard and fridges are full to the brim of coconuts and paw paw (which is all given to us by locals...and we pick the coconuts from our back yard...which is so cool...we've learnt how to husk them and get them cream out of them...mmmmm....)

but it's a very different lifestyle to get used to! they really do operate on 'Island time here!' (which is awesome...because that means i don't need to stress about anything!)

we're both looking forward to when all you guys come and visit us....EH? EH? just kidding...i wish!

on our next day off...we're going to do the cross island hike...which is 6 hours of hiking over the top of the island...over the highest mountain...right over to the other side! (i can't wait to see the view!!)

we went to a birthday party the other night for one of our friends' nephew's half brother...phew! so that was cool (he was turning 4 by the way...hahaha) and then afterwards we indulged in a thing called Jetblasting (you can't do this anywhere else in the worl by the way!)

it's when you stand directly underneath the plane as it lands behind you...so when your standing in front of the runway, and you see a nice little boeing 747 coming straight for you, it really does take your breath away...! so amazing!

well, i hope everyone is keeping well...

Jetty, hope work is going good...and i hope April is doing ok?
TRacey...make sure you keep everyone in line (even Jim...hahaha)
and to everyone else! make sure your all staying safe and happy!@

miss you all, and i'll be seeing you in no time i'm sure!

Love always,

Tee and Claire!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb