Everything You Need to Know About the No Fly List


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 29th 2017
Published: May 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We all know you cannot carry a gun in your hand baggage, but are there some other things you cannot have with you when flying? The answer is yes. There are some other items that cannot be brought into a plane with you, but there are also things that are prohibited even when carried in checked baggage. So if you are thinking about traveling by plane soon, it would be a good idea to learn more about the no fly list. If you do not, you might just end up having to leave some of your personal stuff at the airport.

Sharp objects




When it comes to sharp objects that might be used as weapons, it is obvious that there are some restrictions. Things like scissors and razor type blades cannot be brought into a plane with you, but can be put in checked baggage. Basically any sharp objects that have potential to be used as weapons cannot be put into your hand baggage. Still, if you are planning to take a plastic or round butter knife with you, you can actually carry them into the plane as well as some other knives that do not exceed 6 centimeters in length.

Food




If you are thinking about carryingsomething to eat, you should also know that there are some restrictions considering food as well. Things like snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables can always be taken with you. Still, if you are planning to bring any dips or jams that are contained in a glass jar, those will have to be put into checked baggage. Also oils, vinegars and maple syrups cannot be taken into plane as a part of your hand luggage. If you are carrying any food baskets, make sure these do not contain any of the above mentioned foods.

Sports gear




There are some regulations considering sporting gear as well. Anything that fits into clothing category is allowed on the plane but there are some rules about specific sports equipment. You can carry most of these as a part of your checked baggage but not outside of it. Some companies will even extend the maximum allowed size when it comes to sports gear. Still, some equipment is not allowed be taken into the plane as a hand baggage. For example pool cues. Since the rules are not the same with all the airline companies the best thing to do is to contact them before you start packing.

Silver and gold




Both of these are allowed on a plane. Still, there are some weight restrictions considering it that are different with individual airlines. If the weight of your silver or gold extends the maximum allowed size, it will have to be carried in checked baggage. Be practical if you want to pack silver or gold. Instead of packing tons of golden coins, it is much easier to carry 100 oz gold bars with you.

Alternative solutions




If you by some chance, just need to carry any of these with you, and you are not traveling a big distance, say across the ocean - then you have some options. Trains are a great way to explore countries, and are back in fashion. They are also a very green way to travel, as you reduce your carbon footprint by not traveling by plane and use so much fuel for your travels. Another fantastic way to travel, especially if there is a lot of people traveling together is group charter bus rental.



As mentioned before, there are some differences in regulations between the companies. So, if you are not sure about some of your items, make sure you contact them so you would know what to do.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.406s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb