5 Best Australian Hotels for Food


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 23rd 2016
Published: September 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

What you look for in a hotel usually depends on the kind of trip you’re about to take. For business trips, you’ll probably want a centrally located hotel and a free, reliable Wi-Fi connection while family vacations often require family and pet-friendly policies. Though, there is one thing every type of traveler can agree on – the food. Being one of the basic needs and, even more – a form of art, food is one of the most important feature an accommodation can offer. So, if you’re a foodie, and you intend on visiting Australia, here’s what you should check out.

Hotel Hotel, Canberra




With the 68 rooms inspired by Australian shack, Hotel cleverly named Hotel is a truly authentic, yet trendy option when staying in the capital of Australia. The hotel offers various all-day eateries and bars, providing something for every taste. Monster kitchen and the bar on the ground floor have a menu based on the local and seasonal produce, and offer dishes like liquorice cured duck breast, pulled lamb shoulder and smoked goat’s curd. On the other hand, Parlour Wine Room brings you European food and, of course, extensive wine list.

The Langham, Melbourne




Southbank - Melbourne’s waterfront hub - is a home to many fine restaurants, and The Langham hotel fits perfectly into this area. Its Melba restaurant uses fresh harvests of Victoria farmlands and the seafood from the Tasman Sea. It has an interactive open kitchen so you can talk to the top chefs while they prepare your food. The menu includes Asian specialties such as dumplings, Indian curries, naan bread, sushi and many other.

The Old Clare Hotel, Sydney




If you ever find yourself on Australia’s east coast, do visit The Old Clare Hotel. It’s among the loveliest boutique hotels in Sydney and its dishes will satisfy even the most demanding foodies out there. Automata restaurant offers a five-course set menu, and they cater for most dietary requirements. Steamed pork belly, raw scallop, and cherry miso are just some of the things you can try here, while the other restaurant, named Kensington Street Social, offers you share plates or a la carte option.

The Terrace Hotel, Perth




It’s a tiny hotel with only 15 rooms and an extraordinary kitchen based on Perth’s growing food and coffee culture. They also serve gluten-free and vegetarian meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A rich dessert menu will please any sweet tooth with its pudding, crumble and a spicy orange cake. The Terrace Hotel is also an ultimate destination for tea-lovers as you can drop by in the afternoon for a decadent high tea.

Next, Brisbane




As a futuristic type of hotel, Next hotel makes a perfect stay for your next business trip to Brisbane. You’re allowed to watch your food being prepared and the options are various – from pizza from wood-fired ovens, to Asian wok. The Lennons restaurant and bar are brasserie-styled and in sync with the hotel’s concept – everything revolves around the guest’s schedule. Their chefs are all about “quick, not fast food”, and they offer exquisite pairings from their wine list or beer program.

If you’re a type of traveler that travels not only to satisfy its wanderlust but also its palate, then those hotels listed above are some places you shouldn’t miss. Whatever city you’re going to, you’ll certainly find a hotel that can please your most important sense – the sense of taste. Safe travel and bon appétit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb