Fun things you can only do in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 1st 2015
Published: May 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Australia is one beautiful country to visit. From its mountains to its deserts, lakes, and beaches there is a little bit of everything in this great land “Down Under”.

While there are many things and attractions that you can also take part of in other places throughout the globe, Australia has some unique experiences you can’t do anywhere else.

Here are a few examples:

· Visit a completely underground town. The weather is so hot in the mining town of Cobber Pedy that the entire town moved underground to stay cool. Now almost 2,000 people live completely underground and not one of them needs or has an air conditioner.

· Drink wine in the oldest grape vines in the world. Established in 1788 Australia’s vines became the oldest in the world when disease wiped the previous oldest in Europe.

· Climb the world’s highest steel bridge. Thrill seekers definitely need to add Bridge Climb Sydney to their bucket list. This attraction gives people the ability to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, which is an astounding 134m (439 feet) above sea level. Once on top you will be able to take in an uninterrupted panorama of the city and what surrounds it.

· Swim with whales. You can always watch whales from a boat just about anywhere in the world. Australia though, is the only place where you can actually swim with them. During the winter months of May through August they are very active around the Great Barrier Reef as they are migrating south. Australia is also the only place that you can see a white whale.

· Play a musical fence. Most of us play a guitar or violin. In Australia you can play a fence. The musical fence premiered in Winton, Queensland in 2003 and is available for free for every visitor to enjoy. The fence is made of wire and can be played like any other musical instrument.

· Visit a town that is just a number. 1770 is a town/village within Queensland Australia. It was named in honor of the year Lieutenant James Cook and his crew landed on its sure.

As you can see, Australia is one unique place that every tourist definitely needs to add to his or her destination list. What are you waiting for? Book your flight and Budget rent a car today! Before you know it you will be able to take these amazing experiences in first-hand!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.2kb