Australia Adventures day 23: Exploring Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 28th 2014
Published: August 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi there,

After an early wake up and shower, we again packed our stuff to leave this dormroom for the next place. Because the sister didn't feel too well, we decided to go to a waterhole at Emmagen Creek. After some bumping and slipping, we arrived at the creek and walked to the hole. Not too much place to sit down and relax in the sun, but it was a beau ti ful place! In the middle of the jungle, a rope tied to a tree and the water was really clear and amazingly cold. But, as the tough guys we are, we still had a swim and a swing on the rope. After 2 or 3 hours, it was enough and we left. Drove ourselves to the next accomodation: Rainforrest Hideaway. Beautiful spot in the middle of the jungle, so quite and peacefull. And everything was build by the owner himself, Dutch Rob! Dropping off suitcases and changing to normal clothing, we went on to the Tropical fruit farm for some tropical fruit tasting. We had some amazing fruits like Jaboticaba and Yellow Mangosteen. Loved those two the most! Also bought some Jaboticaba jam there for at home. When the tasting had finished, we went for a boardwalk through the jungle to end on the beach. Had an hour at the beach and did some writing in the sand. After a rest at our tiny house, we went our for dinner at the Whet restaurant. I enjoyed a lasagne myself with a chocolaty desert.

Kisses, Rosalinde


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb