Australia Adventures day 22: Hittin' the Bloomfield Track


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
August 28th 2014
Published: August 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello mates,

Today we left Cooktown. We actually planned to stay here 2 days, but because of the lack of activity and the abundance of old people, we decided to leave a day earlier and set our route to Cape Tribulation. So we got ourselves up at some early hour and left at 9:00 am. Had some coffee at the Cooktown Landing Caffee and got out of town. So my mom told about the Bloomfield track she would love to drive; lots of dust, crossing rivers, hills and gaps in the road everywhere. So we decided to do it. But for the first few miles, paved roads, no hills and nothing like a bumpy ride. Great.. Everyone was kind of disappointed about it, till we crossed some bridge and the track actually started with the sign: '4WD vehicles only past this point'. Bumpy roads, rocks, lots of dust and water followed the sign. After some hours of bumpy road, we finally arrived in Cape Tribulation. We ate something at "Mason's café", crocodile burgers, fish and chips or chicken avocado wrap. But because we hadn't booked anything for that night, we had to search for a place to stay. We finally chose the Ferntree resort where we stayed in a 5 bed dormroom. After some unpacking and making up the beds, we went to discover the wifi room and spend some hours there. When it got dark, we found ourselves back to the dormroom and clothed ourselves a little bit warmer to have a little sort of dinner. Shared some pizza's in a cozy café and went to bed early.

Kisses Rosalinde


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb