Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 29th 2012
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We found an apartment, well actually Kent found an apartment for the 5 of us. Best deal ever it is pretty much like 5 minutes away from this giant shopping place and the beach. It’s $15 a night for each of us and we pay weekly. Right now we’ve paid for a week but, are planning on staying a lot longer. Laur and I are so happy to have a closet to hang our clothes up (what we have left anyways the boys told us we brought too much so we got rid of a ton in Byron Bay) I know, it sounds like we are lying but, not at all. Should have seen the pile of clothes that didn’t come with us to Surfers Paradise. Both of us just figured we could buy more anyways. As we were going through all of our stuff people were literally laughing at the amount of stuff we had. Asking us how long we were going to be in Aus for. Moral of the story I should have listened to John when he told me to bring like nothing. It’s different when you have a car, but lugging all of our shit from the airport to the hostel on to a bus is quite the pain in the ass. We were so excited to have a closet we went out and bought hangers and this giant tub so we could fill it with our bikinis. Collectively, we brought like 58. Today (Thursday) is Australia Day. The boys went and bought Kangaroo sausages and grilled them on the barbie. Pretty much the most Australian thing we could think of, aside from lying on the beach all day. The boys are making dinner tonight so it should be interesting. I think we are going out tonight to some bar that has $2.50 coronas....steal! Probably going to tune up the resumes a bit more and start searching for jobs this weekend/ coming week. Jovi is flying into Brisbane tomorrow so he will be here at some point tomorrow, making the total number of people from Pickering at 6. Anyone else feel like joining? It’s getting to be quite the group.



It's raining again today, and is supposed to until Tuesday. We're getting pretty bored but, at least we are getting stuff on our to-do lists done.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb