Sydney (3-18 March 2010)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 13th 2010
Published: February 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sydney is the largest city in Australia and the state capital of New South Wales. Sydney has a metropolitan area population of approximately 4.5 million. Sydney is often called "the Harbour City". It is one of the most multicultural cities in the world, reflecting its role as a major destination for immigrants to Australia. The city is built on hills surrounding Sydney Harbour, an inlet of the Tasman Sea on Australia's south-east coast. It is home to the iconic Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and its beaches. The metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and contains many bays and rivers.
Bondi Beach is a famous spot for surfers and many competitions are organized there.
I spent two weeks working in Sydney with Johanna, my German colleague and Peter, my Swedish colleague.
It was a bit tough working in this city as we didn't have any supervision but we had great time. Sydney is much busier than Perth. We took the ferry to go to Manly beach and for St Patrick's Day we went on a cruise by night around the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb