Ok so out goes that plan in comes a new one


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 12th 2009
Published: October 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After many days deliberating, making of plans and changing. Discussions with our travel agent, and working on our budgets, we finally decided instead of just a 2 month detour to Africa visiting only a small section of what is to offer we have now planned a full 5 months in Africa starting in Cape Town on November 12th 2010 and ending in Tangier on April 16th before linking into our Europe and South American sections of our trip.

Our budget has been stretched, our plans remade and our excitement levels are through the roof, i really cant wait to get on the road.

The map is denoted by red = overland and white = flights.




Starting in Cape Town, SAF we plan to spend 4 weeks traveling from Cape Town to Durban along the Garden Route, taking in the breathtaking scenes. from Durban we will travel to Johannesburg for a short stay before moving onto Pretoria from there we will take a bus onto Gaborone, BOT for a week before traveling overland through Francistown onto Kasane, spending a few days here before moving onto Victoria Falls / Livingstone , ZAM.

Taking some time to settle for a week or so before moving on, resting up for the next big section of our journey.

From Livingstone we head to Harare for a few weeks in Zimbabwe before heading onto Lusaka, Zambia.
From there we take in the Port town of Dar Es Salaam before finally hitting up Mt Kilimanjaro and then some Safaris out of Nairobi, taking in the great areas of Masai Mara and enjoying the abundant cultural areas Kenya has to offer.

From there we will be volunteering in Ethiopia, teaching schoolchildren and building a school, we are also going to be giving the local towns donations from local businesses that my brother and I have contacted and arranged to have them give, cash donations, food and warm clothes / blankets. Whats really great about this is not just being able to physically help people in a worse off situation then ours but after speaking with my current employer, he has kindly guaranteed to double the amount of any cash donations we are able to collect over the next 6 months. We have setup a donation box for anyone interested please pop me an email for any further information as i cant link the website we have setup for this venture here on the forums.

After our 4 weeks volunteering we head to Addis Abbaba for a flight out to Aswan , EGY for a full 2 months exploring the historical centre of Africa, taking in Tours from Abu Simbel in the South to Giza and Alexandria in the North.

From Cairo we fly to Casablanca for a few weeks exploring the rich cultural areas of Marrakesh, Fez, Climbing the Atlas mountains and Finishing up in Tangier for our ferry across to mainland Europe





Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb