Australia!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 19th 2009
Published: September 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Australia:

We arrived in Brisbane on the 8th of August, stepping out of the airport we were so happy to feel refreshing cool air, it was such a nice change from the stuffing heat we had gotten used to in Asia!
We stayed in Brisbane for 3 days relaxing and walking around the city, we then hired a car for 5 days (a cabriolet) to drive along the coast, our plan was to go to Fraser Island, but we spent too long exploring the coast on the first day driving up to Hervey Bay and we were too late to organize the trip! We stayed in Hervey Bay for a couple days and on one of the days went whale watching which was amazing as we got to see Humpback whales up pretty close jumping out of the water etc…Although not close enough that I could get a decent picture!! 
We then started driving back down to Brisbane making a stop in Noosa for one night where we hiked around Noosa National Park and also went for a walk along the coast of the National Park we got to see a Koala in the wild having a nap up in a tree! Halfway through the walk we stopped to have a break and eat apples & as we were relaxing I heard a thumping sound getting closer and closer…I looked up and in front of us was a wild Kangaroo staring at us looking really quite scared! The Roo kindly stopped & posed for a photo shoot before bouncing off into the sunset.
From Noosa we then went back to Brisbane for a night which proved to be a little more interesting then usual! We’d found a flyer for a nice looking hostel which we’d booked over the phone in Noosa the night before (in the words of the owner “I have a lovely little room upstairs which I’ll keep for you). We rocked up around 7pm and were promptly greeted outside by the owner who informed us she had two “lovely” rooms to show us - One with an en-suite bathroom & one without! After a guided tour of both rooms and a dog scaring the living shite out of Steve haha!! The lady kindly offered to move her car out of the driveway for us to park our rental car in, so we went outside and saw that she had a brand new BMW and considering the state of the room found it a bit shocking! The lady pulled out of her driveway and we told her we wanted to go to Woolworths to do some shopping for dinner but she insisted we come in to get the keys for the room so we went in thankfully we only had 20 dollars in cash which was the price of the deposit of the key and so we didn’t pay for the room! I went to use the bathroom before we left and after seeing how dirty it was very thankful for Steve’s plan to run away and not go back so we did! We ended up staying at a nice motel that night! The next day we took the bus to Byron Bay where we would stay for 3 nights, the drive in the bus was beautiful we arrived at Byron Bay in the late afternoon; we had a very cute little apartment in Byron Bay. Byron bay is beautiful it’s a calm town with beautiful beaches and a very chilled atmosphere. We walked up to the lighthouse which was gorgeous and the views were stunning. We took a bus back down to Brisbane for two nights before flying over to Sydney.
We stayed in Sydney for 2 days exploring the city walking around the Rocks, trying to catch the opera house on a good day to get good pictures, to the aquarium and trying to find internet! We then hired a car and went to Blue Mountains for two days; we stayed in a little B&B which was lovely with a fire place and everything! Blue Mountains was so beautiful around every corner the views were stunning! We then went back to Sydney for a few more days on one of the days we went took the ferry to Manly had fish and chips walked up and down manly beach before heading back to central.
Then on the 31st it was our flight over to New Zealand woohooo!!!!





Advertisement



15th October 2009

Lucky
Wow Australia sounded amazing, cant wait to see those pics of the kangaroo. That whole woman and room situation sounded freaky, gud thing u got the hell away from her. Miss u lots xx

Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb