Australiana


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 18th 2006
Published: February 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well my month long jaunt to Australia is just about at its end and i am quite sad about this as there is so much more that i want to see here and i am very keen to come back and see the west coast and just about any other significant part of it that i have not seen. It seems like there is so much more to see. I have stayed mainly to the more well worn track of the east coast since i have been here (except for my trip to the red centre) and i think i want to go more off the beaten track when i return to this great land.

Its just a bit sad thats all because i know exactly where i want to go and how i would do it, but sadly it will have to wait. Still, if i had gone to those places this time i would be sad that i had miseed the places i did go so i guess you can't have it all. It just makes me more determined to come here againa and see the places that i did not see.

The past couple of days seem to have wiped me out some what. I got back into Airlie Beach after the boat trip without any place to stay booked and without any clear plan as to the direction i was taking. All dorm beds at the hostel i had stayed at before the boat trip were full, so that was a pain, but the problem i have is that i am the sort of person who decides to do things at the moment i do them so planning ahead isn't really me. I found in Byron Bay (when i had to get a hotel room for one night because all hostels were full) that even someone like me should do a little bit of planning.

I had considered the possibility of going uip to Cairns and/or staying another night or two in Airlie, but i decided against this and after some deliberation booked a bus ticket to Brisbane where i fly out from. The bus journey was a killer 19 hours long, something i thought i would be fine with because i have done 14 hour bus journeys but it was really tough and i arrived here in Brisbane totally wiped out. Still i have done little since arriving here and all being well i should see Elaine tonight who is also in Brisbane.

Also on the bus journey i ran into that guy Richard again (the one i met originally in the cook islands and then again in the whitsundays) and we had a bit of chat. He was not going as far as i was on the bus but it was nice to catch up with him and to speak to him when the bus stopped. It was nice seeing him again as i remember really liking him when i met him in the cooks so it was nice to catch up (sadly though, as with many people that i like when i meet them i did not get his email address) - still never mind.

Its Singapore next for me and then on to Thailand, Since i got into Brisbane today the heat has been oppressive so i have mainly stayed in doors this concerns me a bit because Singapore is right close to the equator so could be even hotter. I am looking forward to a few days rest in Singapre and then to enjoying Thailand a country that i think i will enjoy travelling in, mainly because of "The Beach" one of my favourite movies.

To be honest i am unsure of the purpose of this particular diary entry i think i am just trying to make sense of all the madness. This is also my first time by myself for a considerable time, with the irish guys in Byron Bay, the Fraser island crew, the boat people and the various people i have hung with in between, its weird to think that I, a natural loner, has been with people constantly for about two weeks. I do really want to meet people and for them to like me but when that happens you learn to appreciate those meoments of alone time a lot more (Though i still want to start meeting people as i move on to Asia tjhough).

Right, well i have rambled long enough, this diary entry is probably my most rambling one so far and whether it makes sense or not its the right thing to end it here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb