Singapore


Advertisement
Singapore's flag
Asia » Singapore
February 23rd 2006
Published: February 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

In between month long trips to Australia and Thailand i have been in SIngapore, i am only here because it was possible to get a stopover in SIngapore at no extra cost to the price of my round the world ticket. As my father would say, anything is worthwhile if it is free. Singapore is a single city on a single island that is also an independant country, the standards of living appear to be very hugh here and it is also one of the worlds cleanest cities.

I was a bit concerned flying in when it said on the arrival form that drug charges are punishable by execution, something that i can't help remembering.

I have quite liked being in Singapore, i arrived incredibly tired and for several days i would sit down in the lounge to watch TV and then fall asleep, this happened for several days in a row. I think that since i have been travelling on my own i have done a lot of socialising and a lot of activities, and i did not realise how tired i was until i started falling asleep here.

The hostel in Singapore was one of the best (apparently all Singapore hostels are of a very high standard) and its been good to stay somewhere where i really can relax. The breakfast is free and of a high standard and the internet is also available without charge.

I could stayhere a few days longer but i don't want to stagnate now i am recovered from the tiredness so its time for the next challenge, and that is Thailand.

While in Singapore i have looked around the city and its a nice place to be, among the things i have done was to attend a star wars exhibition that is currently on here. I like the starwrs films and as a mementio i bought an action figure of my favourite character from the films , this character is called Porkins and he appears in the original starwars film. Its great to have his action figure,as i never knew there was one until recently.

I would expect to come here again, Singapore is the major gateway to all of Asia and many flights to Asia can include stopovers here, knowing that theres a place i can relax here (i.e. this hostel) makes me want to come again.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb