Sydney Opera House and Repelling


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
June 29th 2009
Published: June 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Glad you liked the pictures. I will post more soon.

I had planned to post yesterday but the hotel Internet was down. We are in Canberra now, but will be flying out this afternoon late to Darwin.

We have toured the Sydney Opera House. It is an amazing structure. We took a harbor tour and the next day a bus to the Blue Mountains to repel. We stopped on the way to see the "Three Sisters". Ask your student about the legend that goes with the formation. The highlight so far to the trip though has by far have to be the repelling down a 200 ft cliff. There was much confidence building exercises before we started. It was really a good program about ability and success. The students were so proud of themselves. I saw several with shaking knees on the edge but most were able to continue. Everyone tried though, except Ethan of course because of doctor orders. You would all be very proud.

Yesterday we toured the facilities in Canberra where the olympic hopefuls train and then a war museum. The students loved the war museum and it was probably one of the best museums I have ever been in to be honest.

Oh...at the hotel we are staying Rydges there are kangaroo everywhere. They are as plentiful as our deer. They are on the hotel lawn and the students have had a great time seeing them.

I will keep you posted and pass on your messages.

Take care,
Bambi



Advertisement



30th June 2009

Repelling & Kangaroos
Bambi, I hope someone has a picture of you repelling. Would you rather repell again or go back to Bar Harbor and climb the Bee Hive? Send us some Kangaroo pictures when the camera battery recharges.
30th June 2009

kangaroos everywhere
The pictures are great! Kangaroos everywhere! I'll bet that is a sight to see. Hopefully Ethan was able to take pictures of the students repelling. I know he is wishing his collar bone was healed. However, there are many more adventures ahead. Take care of each other and have fun! Everyone here is living vicariously through the adventures of the group.
30th June 2009

sounds like so much fun!
Hi Bambi, Thanks for the postings. Patrick has been calling pretty regularly, and echoed your comments on the war museum--which means it must really be something! He was also pretty excited about the rapelling adventure. Too bad you couldn't see a performance at the opera house. Please tell Patrick I can't figure out how to call him, so if he can read me the instructions from the page I sent with him for the phone that would be helpful! Hope he's taking lots of good photos. Darcy
30th June 2009

pictures of rapelling?
Hey Bambi, Forgot to ask--can you post any pictures of the rapelling? Thanks, Darcy
30th June 2009

happy Birthday Dylan Page
Would love to see the photos of the delegates repelling. Know it was an adrenaline rush for everyone - which you probably need by now! Please pass Happy 16th Birthday Wishes to Dylan Page. Enjoy the moment! thanks again Bambie for the updates.
1st July 2009

Love the pictures!
Hi Bambi! Thank you so much for the pictures and comments your sending. Joe told me that he wouldnt call while he was gone and he is holding firm so far, haha. I hope you and him were able to find his PIN number I emailed you and him. Please tell him to take lots of pictures since I know he is dodging every camera around! Glad the group is having so much fun! We love and miss you!!!

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb