SYDNEY!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 4th 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The flight from jo-berg wasnt half as bad as wed thought even went quite quick! Really didnt get any sleep though! The day we arrived we got here about 3ish we basically just chilled. On the tuesday we did some retail therapy 😊 and generally explored- we discovered sydney has some gooood shopping! Got quite a few bits and pieces - i knew i bought my credit card for a reason!😊 We then went to chinatown for dinner in the evening! The hostel is really nice its massive and we have key cards etc to get around. Its in a great place everything is in walking distnace basically. So we walked the 10min walk to china town! Was really quite deserted there :S got some good chinese though, alot of sorbet and had a bit of a walk around then home! Wednesday was busy- out by about half 9 slowly walked up to the bridge and walked along that fe;t really weird actually being in sydney! We then walked around circular quay to the opera house - Its absolutely massive.! Had a bit more of a wonder around and then VERY slowly walked back to the hostel (By slow i mean that we stopped at a lot of shops along the way) We then walked up to darling Harbour for the evening- another short walk. We wondered around there, it has a great view of the city skyscrapers etc at night all lit up (see facebook photos ) We had dinner on the waters edge which was really pretty . We then saw the late showing of 'haunted castle' at the largest imax (3d) cineama in the world. It was massive!. The film really wasnt great but the whole 3d thing was on our way home it decided to pee it down- we got very very drenched. Thursday was another early one- out by 8.30 -We got offered special invitations for a 80% discount at a VERY expensive hair salon. So to some up- consultation treatment massage colour cut and blowdry w. senoir stylist for - very classy hairdressors they do hair for a lot of the tv stuff in aus! How could we resist lol . So we were there for about 2 and half hours! I had a half head of foils We spent the rest of the morning wondereding the streets of sydney and then got a bus (took us ages to figure out which one!) to Bondi beach!. The weathers was too cold to sunbathe but we sat watched the surfers - really good! can see what they say about the waves and chilled for a while watched the sun go down( not over the sea though its the wrong side!) We eventually headed back about 8ish found a wetherespoons type places for some dinner and watched the football (classy!) Spent the rest of that evening packing - it still all fits! The next day was an early one again at teh airport my bag is now too heavy to carry though so dragged it around the airport! Then on the plane for FIJI TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb