Australia Dec 2008 / Jan 2009 - Visit Eric, Caz, n Dan


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 26th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

New Year's Eve 2008New Year's Eve 2008New Year's Eve 2008

Sydney - Darling Harbour 12.31.08

Trip Itinerary



Dec 26, 2008 - Departed SFO at 10:30pm

Dec 28, 2008 - Arrived Perth at 12:45pm. Eric picked me up. We had java at the nearest mall. Then, we were off to chocolate tasting first. Then, wine tasting at Lancaster. Then, beer tasting at Duckstein. Then off to the beach to watch the sunset.

Dec 29, 2008 - We were off to the Whiteman Wildlife Animal Park. Nice to see the kangaroos, koalas, n taz devils...

Dec 30, 2008 - Eric n I flew to Sydney to meet up with Caz. We had dinner with Caz's parents and her cousins. That was nice. We continued the celebration at her parents place by having coffee and discussed the plans for New Year's Eve. Then, off to Caz's place for cocktails. That was fun.

Dec 31, 2008 - Eric n I checked at the Marriott in Parramatta. Then off to the Powerhouse Museum to see Star Wars memorabilia...that was fun :-)...then we had chinese food and bubbly for New Year's Eve dinner...then off to c the fireworks at Cahill Expressway which is right across Dahrling Harbour...it was spectacular...woo hoo...the ride back was not pleasant...

Jan 1, 2009 - Eric n I were shitface...woke up at noon...we headed to a pub in the morning, walked around the mall and at PJ's Gallagher Pub in the evening...they kicked out a group of drunk aussies...but overall that was a pleasant day...

Jan 2, 2009 - Eric n I walked around Parramatta...checked out a pub...then on to the Sydney Ferry to see the Sydney Opera House...walked along the "On the Rocks"...went to a puppet store...had our last dinner in Sydney at the Barramundi restaurant...we had seafood n bubblies...I was stuffed n had a wonderful time with Eric...

Jan 3, 2009 - Caz is off work so the four (Caz, Dan, Eric n I) of us went to Blue Mountains and had brunch...we saw the 3 Sisters...did wine tasting...that was delicious...we had pizza for dinner...Eric's last nite in Newcastle...he flies back to Perth tomorrow since he starts back work on Jan 5...

Jan 4, 2009 - We dropped off Eric at the airport...wah... :-( then the three (Caz, Dan and I) of us headed to the Jenolan Caves...that was fascinating...we had indian food for dinner...yum

Jan 5, 2009 - I was off to Sydney...went to Paddy's market...took a cute little train ride to see the harbour...then walked along the harbour...went to see the Chinese Gardens...that was nice...really hot...whew...finally, found a bar that serves $3.50 cocktails...woo hoo...

Jan 6, 2009 - Today, I went to post in Penrith to mail extra stuff I've accumulated in the trip...then off to Parramatta to the Marriott hotel to get Eric's refund back...I had lunch at Ichiban Teppan-Yaki in Parramatta...that was quite good...then off to Sydney n spent most of the time at George St...had Pearl drink...then to Belmore Park...nice...

Jan 7, 2009 - Off to Sydney again...did the Hop on/off Bondi Beach tour...spent half a day there...really loved Bondi Beach...then on to the City tour...It was a good ending...then in the evening, Caz, Dan n I went to Vaby's for some Mediterranean food as our last nite together before I fly to Cairns...yummy...

Jan 8, 2009 - I spent the morning at Gloria Jean...this place is similar to Peet's but Peet's still has better cofee...then walked over to Sky Tower to do the tour...that was fun...n rode the Oz Tek ride...that was a blast...after that I walked around Sydney Central Plaza...lots of sale...must be end of year sale...good for me...lol...had lunch at the Outer Pointe...then went home...after that Caz and I talked about what she will wear the wedding she was attending that saturday...she tried the dress she was thinking of wearing and it looked nice on her...

Jan 9, 2009 - Flew from Sydney to Cairns...checked in at the Serpent...had lunch at subway...Cairns is like Kona...tropical looking...It started raining...bugger...watched a dvd....

Jan 10, 2009 - Took the free shuttle to the city or downtown...I really Cairns...it has a huge pool in the middle of the city...how about that...that is unique...had gelato...it was good but the ones in Italy were better...it rained again...wahhhh...

Jan 11, 2009 - I was off to the Great Barrier Reef tour...I have been dreaming about this day...so awesome...I can't wait to go back to the Great Barrier Reef...woo hoo...

Jan 12, 2009 - Back to downtown Cairns...walked around...picked up the underwater photos...it was raining again...did laundry...organized photos...

Jan

That's all I have for now...to be continued...photos have been uploaded on facebook...


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

Java TimeJava Time
Java Time

Perth 12.28.08
Chocolate TastingChocolate Tasting
Chocolate Tasting

Perth 12.28.08
Chocolate TastingChocolate Tasting
Chocolate Tasting

Perth - The Margaret River Chocolate Company 12.28.08
All Sorts of ChocolateAll Sorts of Chocolate
All Sorts of Chocolate

Perth - The Margaret River Chocolate Company 12.28.08
More ChocolatesMore Chocolates
More Chocolates

Perth - The Margaret Chocolate River Company 12.28.08
Wine TastingWine Tasting
Wine Tasting

Perth 12.28.08
Lancaster WineryLancaster Winery
Lancaster Winery

Perth 12.28.08
Lancaster WineryLancaster Winery
Lancaster Winery

Perth 12.28.08
Lancaster WineryLancaster Winery
Lancaster Winery

Perth 12.28.08
Lancaster WineryLancaster Winery
Lancaster Winery

Perth 12.28.08
Another WineryAnother Winery
Another Winery

Perth 12.28.08
Another WineryAnother Winery
Another Winery

Perth 12.28.08


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb