Oz Experience-Part 3-Hervey Bay & Fraser Island!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 7th 2007
Published: October 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Next place i'm off to..........................

So 13 hour coach ride over night on sunday from airlie beach down to hervey bay!!!!! hmmm nice!!!!! so been feeling ill for a while now and now have to do this coach ride, didn't really make me feel much better!!!!

arrived at hervey bay and choose to stay at palace hostel, when you get off the grey hound bus there is always a few hostels minibuses there waiting to pick you up and take you to the hostel, i didn't have one booked this time, normally i go with what friends have recommended and i normally have it already booked but this time just choose palace.

Got to the hostel and was feelign seriosuly ill, im still really dizzy all the time and my cold/tiredness/aching was killing me so had a rest and decided tha ti couldn't possibly start my fraser island trip the next day at 6.30am so decided id stay here a couple of nights first. So went and brought some healthy dinner, vegetables etc to hoepfully make me feel better and had an early night!!!

next day tuesday woke up and still felt incredibly dizzy and ill!!!! decided that it was time i now went to see a doctor, they advised me at the hospital that best place to go is the hosp, so i had a shower and got a lift to the hosp.

Feelign really ill, drugged up with sudafed, antihistamines & paracetamol etc got to the hosp where they were really nice and friendly and helpful, really good clean hospital, saw a nurse and then a doctor, they were really thorough and checked for everything, did a blood test, urine test, heart test, checked my ears and everything!!!! so got completely checked over and they gave me soem antibiotics to try and shift the cold/fluey/infection that they think is also causign me to feel dizzy!!!!! so feel a bit better now ive got some drugs!!!!

got back to the hostel and slept for another 3 hours, when i got up again decided i'm still too ill to go to fraser isdland which is a massive sandy island where u drive a 4x4 around and camp out, it would be too much the way im feeling. luckily my ticket for it is open dated so i can do it anytime in the next year or so so hopefulyl if i coem back to oz i can do it then!!! decided i have to move on from hervey bay as i'm running short of time and money so can't afford to stop here much longer....

yer so basically my time in hervey bay and plans to go to fraser island have gone wrong, but not much i can do as my health is more important, cant force myself to do it if i'm too ill it would just make me feel worse, so bummer but hey these things happen all part of the experience!!!

so now i've booked the greyhound for tomorrow morn from hervey bay down to noosa which is supposed to be a nice town, another 5 hours on the coach but think ive got 26 hours to cover yet to get to melbourne!!! mission!!!!! so yer i'm off again, having missed fraser island for now but hopefulyl i will return to it so although no pics or experience this time we'll see.................



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



9th October 2007

Get Better!
Oh mate sorry to hear you are really poorly, hope you get better soon! Glad to hear you are being sensible and not pushing yourself to the limits! Hope you are feeling back to your normal self soon, enjoy your adventures! Love Caroline xxxxxx
9th October 2007

woop woop
hey clar, havnt commented u on here yet so thought id have a go! sounds fab still, glad u went to the hosp and even gladder that they looked after u well and that the hospital was nice! hopefully u shall feel better soon. r u drinking properly and eating properly?not drinking dirty water?! driking too much alcohol? im just at hme been at work got to finish off this re-sub for thursday as im on 3 long days now :-( last 3 woo hoo! its sooo busy at the pub. have u heard from nadia and james?are u meeting them? its matts bday today were having chinese takeaway-yummm! love u lots missing u mwah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.036s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb