Uluru (Ayer's Rock)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 20th 2006
Published: November 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

 Stephen's Well Camel Farm Stephen's Well Camel Farm Stephen's Well Camel Farm

john and Barbie prepare to ride the camel
We left for Uluru in the morning by coach and stopped at the Steven's Well Camel Farm. John and others go for a short ride on camels, posting all the way, and then we're back on the coach. The next stop is at Ebenezer Roadhouse where we had morning tea and saw an aboriginal art display. We go on to Uluru and I let John go on the walks and I stayed on the bus to rest my knee/leg (sore from yesterday's walk into the Standley Chasm)
Ron, the bus driver, drives those still on the bus around Uluru again. I am impressed with the three-dimensionalness of Uluru--many holes, caves, falls (now dry) and other designs (frog), also green trees growing in crevices where there is water. We then check into the Outback Pioneer Hotel with our bags. We reboard the coach into order to view the sunset on Uluru around 7 pm. We were served Champange and/or orange juice and munchies while watching the sunset. There were many more groups watching the sunset with us. It was a regular party. We then returned to the hotel for a late dinner at the Bough House Restaurant.
Then to bed exhausted again.
What a ride!What a ride!What a ride!

posting all the way !




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sunset partySunset party
Sunset party

Suzanne and Martin are all set


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb