The Most Beautiful Camping Spots in Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
May 21st 2018
Published: May 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

You don’t have to be an expert survivalist to enjoy incredible camping experiences in Australia. The continent is covered in amazingly diverse national parks which boast some of the most awe-inspiring vistas you’ll probably ever see. Thankfully, most of these locations have well-organized and incredibly equipped camping spots – known as holiday parks, so you don’t have to worry about pitching a tent if you are not an expert at it. With survival skills out of the equation, here are the most beautiful camping spots in Australia.

Byron Bay




Byron Bay is one of the most beloved tourist locations in the New South Wales – the incredible confluence of beachside idyll and natural wonder. The rainforests are really near, as are several national parks, nature reserves and spectacular, yet accessible mountain ranges. It’s no wonder, then, that the locale is littered with camping spots – some more laissez-faire, some more akin to tourist traps. You’ll definitely be spoiled for choice when it comes to accommodation, festivities, quaint activities and captivating sites while you spend your time camping in Byron Bay.

Ormiston Gorge




The Northern Territory hides one of the most picturesque creeks you can possibly imagine, a body of water that cuts into the barren rocks which goes by the name of Ormiston Gorge Creek. The local campground is an excellent spot for those who yearn to see spectacular sunrises, gentle dingoes and other endemic animals.

The Ballina Beach Village




If you want to be near urbanities and captivating nature in equal measure, then look no further than an incredible stretch of beachside at the mouth of the Richmond River. Out there, you can find amazing accommodation in Ballina Beach Village, South Ballina, which serves as a comfortable hub for adventures in the diverse local countryside. It’s also an amazing camping spot if you are vacationing with your family – and especially if you have small kids. It is a pet friendly holiday park with a very accommodating staff and comfortable perks, so be sure to check it out if you are in the mood for a more relaxed escapade.

Bright




If you are an avid leaf watcher, or simply enjoy the colorful nuances of autumn, you can also have an idyllic fall adventure in Australia. Bright, Victoria is a popular camping hotspot between the months of March and May for this very reason (this is the time-frame for the South Pacific autumn). Bright lies in the shadow of Mount Hotham and it is a showcase of how diverse the biosphere of this continent actually is. The mountain itself is very accessible and it is a popular hiking playground for campers, but if you are bent on conquering its 1,723 meter tall summit, you have to take all the safety precautions!

Ayers Rock Campground




Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is an exciting location for avid history and culture lovers, especially ones interested in indigenous Australian people. However, considering that the site is riddled with sacred locations, Ayers Rock Campground comes to the rescue! It is just a 10 minute long drive from Uluru and there is quite comfortable accommodation – there is a kitchen, self-service laundry, pool and pre-ready camping huts. It’s probably the best way to experience the Re Centre.

El Questro Wilderness Park




El Questro Wilderness Parkoffers the perfect blend of desert beauty and rich flora. The East Kimberley region is known for its wide stretches of ancient hills, deeply cut pathways, hidden creeks and secret oases. It’s not only a unique landscape world -renowned for its natural beauty, but it is also one of Australia’s last frontiers and a true romanticized region for insatiable adventurists. It also promises a lot of potential to oasis lovers, as it is known for its hot springs. The palm-fingered Zebedee Springs are a true highlight in the morning hours.



Whether you have decided to savor the wonders of the desert or trek across mountains covered in lush rainforests, the Australian camping experience will definitely not leave you wanting or out of choices. The country is like a fantastical patchwork of incredibly diverse climates, topographies and biomes. The continent itself is vast, but no matter where you head, you will certainly come across an incredible vista that has an adequate camping ground nearby.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.479s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb