Our last few days in Williams


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
January 21st 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

WilliamsWilliamsWilliams

All of us on the eve of our departure
After four months it was time to say goodbye to Williams and all the new friends that we had made and hit the road again. We are going to miss this little town and its people especially the lifelong friends we have made in the Aylmores, the family we have been working for. We had a busy few days leading up to our departure with working our final few shifts at the roadhouse, getting our van ready to hit the road again and saying our goodbyes. We spent a good few evenings having Bar-be-que’s and a drink or two with the Aylmore’s. They even treated us to a home cooked meal the night before we left, and let us tell you it was amazing. It was so lovely to sit around their dining room table and chat and laugh away the evening.

The Friday before we left, Vicki arranged for us to go and play with some baby kangaroos that were being raised as pets. We gratefully accepted the offer and once again, the oooh's and aw's came flooding out (we seem to do this a lot where animals are concerned). It was a great experience and we really enjoyed it. We also went fishing for some local crayfish-like creatures called coonacks, which went down very well with a few nice cold beers.



Finally though it really was time to say goodbye, and after lots of hugs and few tears we were off. It was really tough on both of us to leave as we had felt so at home here but it was time. We were heading east, out first stop was to Wave rock before heading south to the beauty of Esperance and Cape Le Grand National Park. We didn’t know it but we were in for a treat, Australia if you don’t know is beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

WilliamsWilliams
Williams

Gemma holding the baby Joey
WilliamsWilliams
Williams

Ste holding the baby Joey
WilliamsWilliams
Williams

The 2 baby joeys
WilliamsWilliams
Williams

preparing the coonacks for dinner
WilliamsWilliams
Williams

A coonack drinking my beer..... I got my own back though, I ate him!!!
WilliamsWilliams
Williams

Our family away from home.... the Alymores!!!!


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb