When is too much sun barely enough?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
August 22nd 2005
Published: August 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

I sit here perched on a camp chair (ergonomically uncomfortable) with a myriad of images running through my head since last we added to this blog. (Whilst I’m not directly quoting this from anyone, I may have read it somewhere). Where shall I start, perhaps Kakadu, no, the thought of fabulous sunsets, amazing birdlife, river cruises, crocodiles basking on the banks and ancient rock art would make you too jealous. How about Katherine with it’s hot springs and yet another gorgeous gorge?

Okay, too difficult to hear, how about Kunnunurra, where we have swum in the most beautiful secluded waterhole, become even better acquainted with the birdlife and fresh water crocodiles, seen the biggest dam Dam and explored a town that time seemed to have forgotten. But Wyndam does have a nice lookout! How’s it sounding so far? Are you wishing you were here too? Oh, did I forget to mention the mosquito bites and the hot and grumpy children who had to walk to the waterhole, not to forget trying to cook a nutricious dinner for five on 2 gas burners with complaints from at least one member of the family and it wasn’t Geoff!

Only kidding, we are still having a fabulous time even though I cried a river of tears(now I know I’ve copied that from somewhere) when we left Tunnie in Darwin, still we hope to catch up with her again over the next few weeks. Next we’re off to the Gibb River Road and we’ll probably write again in Broome in about 2 weeks. Hope everyone is well and we are thinking of you all constantly-except when we are having too much fun to think of you. Much love - The Plumed Wandering Whistling Vernes/Issells.

Ps: Lloyd had a fabulous 10th birthday with a great party at Lake Argyl. Lloyd wanted to thank everyone who sent him presents, cards and text messages. In the words of Doydie: “You guys are just so thoughtful”. Cheers



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Packsaddle canyon Packsaddle canyon
Packsaddle canyon

The mighty Jack prior to being torn apart by the Gibb River Road
Bird watching - WyndamBird watching - Wyndam
Bird watching - Wyndam

Complete with ID book and assistant.


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0865s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb