NW Trip Day 9 & 10 - The Outback, The Talent Show, and The END!! - April 12-13, 2007


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 30th 2007
Published: August 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This blog entry was lots as well in the recent crashes, and I've only been able to uncover the very beginning of the text. But I'm putting it back up so the pictures (which weren't lost) can be seen. Maybe someday I'll re-write the rest of this entry, although that's somewhat unlikely...

The last two days of our trip were purely travel days. We awoke bright and early in Newman to a gorgeous sunrise before packing up camp and heading out into the outback. We ate lunch in Meekatharra and finished our day at the Wogarno Sheep Station. We had luxury on our last night - we could sleep in a barn or under the stars - so NO TENT SET UP REQUIRED!! The sheep station was really nice and the owners were very welcoming. There was also a group of Art students from a TAFE (like a College) in Perth who were



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The "Buck" gets "pimped, JD styleThe "Buck" gets "pimped, JD style
The "Buck" gets "pimped, JD style

John got this for free at a liquor store so we HAD to put it on the buck. Don't tell Greg! (Since he technically owns the Buck, having bought the company)
Dafne gives the thumbs up to FLIRTY DANCING!!Dafne gives the thumbs up to FLIRTY DANCING!!
Dafne gives the thumbs up to FLIRTY DANCING!!

Ok I haven't told this story yet, but we had a CD player in the Buck but no CDs. SO at an outback gas station I picked up this 2-disc compilation which I sware is not as scandalous as the picture on the front! You look at that and think Barry White but it was more Salt 'n Pepa (Push it good!). So ya Flirty Dancing became like a joke of the whole trip, we would randomly blare it, in particular 'Sexbomb' (Kim's favourite) and the dance-floor hit 'Horney' (which basically went 'I'm Hohnay, hohnay, hohnay, hohnay' over and over again. A classic.) As we pulled into Perth we all sang the Horney song and had a good laugh...
AHHH HENRIIKKA IS BEING RUN OVERRR!!!AHHH HENRIIKKA IS BEING RUN OVERRR!!!
AHHH HENRIIKKA IS BEING RUN OVERRR!!!

That girl cracks me up...
Some of the artwork at our sheep stationSome of the artwork at our sheep station
Some of the artwork at our sheep station

You can actually ride the horse! Something we discovered later...
Blurry tent race!Blurry tent race!
Blurry tent race!

I forgot to put the camera back to normal when I handed it to the art students, so the first few of these pics are in night mode and therefore a bit blurry (since night mode uses a slow shutter speed)
John reads his journalJohn reads his journal
John reads his journal

While (L to R) Kristen, Tim, (John), and Dafne act it out.
John gets tempermental in a discussion about "The Fray"s new albumJohn gets tempermental in a discussion about "The Fray"s new album
John gets tempermental in a discussion about "The Fray"s new album

The Fray album was another CD purchased at an outback stop which we listened to. It pretty much drove me crazy, but then again Flirty Dancing wasn't the best either...hahaha...
Smelly shirt contestSmelly shirt contest
Smelly shirt contest

They both wore their one shirt for the entire trip - it was a contest. We had many such bizarre contests on our trip, such as the Luke game and the ever-popuar Naked Game (which no one won in the end...sadly...)
DistancesDistances
Distances

I took this picture to give an idea of distances in WA (Western Australia). It's a big place! Half of Europe could fit into it! As you can see, we were 423km from Perth...We never made it to a bunch of the cities on that list, including Broome and Port Hedland. For another trip, I suppose...
Dafne and Heather put on some weight on this trip...Dafne and Heather put on some weight on this trip...
Dafne and Heather put on some weight on this trip...

Thanks to this picture, we'll NEVER forget Payne's Find...Oh the many random outback gas station stops...


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb