Going Down


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
January 15th 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Exmouth - Cervantes (via Kalbarri)


What goes up must come down so we headed back down south after four chilled out days, doing very little.

Having seen how little there was on the way up we braved a nine hour drive to our next overnight stop in Kalbarri. Kalbarri is a little town on the edge of the national park of the same name. Having driven forever through millions of bushes we didn't fancy seeing any more so we gave the park a miss.

The town itself is really small , like everywhere up here, but its nice enough with the Merchantson river sprucing it up a bit. Hostel was pretty good too, having got sick of pasta and source (our staple diet) we hit the chippy and drank some goon! Goon is the name they give to four liter casks of cheap wine, I guess its called goon due to the effect that a four liter cask of wine can have on you, but at four quid a cask you can't complain. Except when you taste it of course.

The next day we drove further south to a town called Cervantes, named after a boat wrecked nearby it was only built in the 1960's. Most of the streets have Spanish names to keep the theme going.

Here is home to the famous Pinnacles National Park and an award winning hostel. The pinnacles park is basically thousands of limestone pillars just sticking out of the sand, its an eerie place.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Red BluffRed Bluff
Red Bluff

Coastline just outside Kalbarri
KalbarriKalbarri
Kalbarri

The Merchantson River


24th January 2007

This looks pretty spectacular. The columns look as though Don quixote has successfully knocked the tops off his windmills. Goon sounds good, perhaps we could introduce it over here. love dad

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb