Thursday 25th April 2024


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 28th 2024
Published: April 28th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 25
th
April, BroomeRAC Cable Beach Caravan ParkCost $41.62 per night with membershipRated by us 8/10Mileage 17707 travelled 0After our relaxing few days we were up at 4.30am to attend the Anzac Day dawn service here in Broome. The war memorial is in the park which we looked over from our hotel when we first came to Broome for a week in 2012, the first holiday Graeme and I had together. The service was great and it was so good to see families involved. The local primary schools all supplied half a dozen kids and they sang the Australian National Anthem, it was touching to hear. The local Broome Band a new innovation in town also played the music, I noticed no one was brave enough to take on the Lay Post and Revalay , they are both very hard pieces to play and done solo, but the recording they used was good. Due to the kids involvement it meant that lots of local families attended but not enough were aboriginal which is a shame. You can really feel the division which has opened up between black and white up here it is sad. Back to the park and washing day ready for us to move on tomorrow.I had noticed that we have some interesting trees in the park, so I got out my new 400mm lens and had a play it was fun. WE also have our first Boab Tree in the park, it is a small baby but beautiful non the less.The day was rounded off by a visit to Roebuck bay to see The Staircase to the Moon, when the moon rises and reflects on the mud flats of Roebuck Bay and it looks like staircase going to the moon. It was amazing how many people were sitting on the rocks. On the grass above the bay was an artisan and food market making a very jolly atmosphere. We chatted to a couple from Sydney on an organised tour for three weeks, nice couple. I loved playing with the cameras at this event and got some interesting shots of the reflections of the people on the sand as well as the actual event.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb