Wednesday 10th April 2024


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
April 11th 2024
Published: April 11th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 10

th
April, BroomeRAC Cable Beach Caravan ParkCost $41.62 per night with membershipRated by us 8/10Mileage 17707 travelled 618Well that was an interesting night, G had had his doubts about the high winds but we decided to leave the awning out and went to bed, mistake. The heavens opened and the wind howled at 1am we were outside in the rain bringing in the awning and then packing everything away out of the rain chaos, camping what fun, we ended up in hysterics there is nothing else you can do, all part of the deal and fun!!!After the restless night we got up early had a quick breakfast and packed up, still raining and hit the road. We have been unable to locate any camps between here and Broome some 600+ kms away other than 24 hour stops and Eighty Mile Beach, which is a marine park and the dog is banned.With that in mind we decided to pack lunch and coffee and head to Broome some 600km in one day. In order to ease things I drove for a while some 130kms to Sandfire Roadhouse gave G enough of a break to drive the rest. We passed a number of burnt out and wrecked cars and having driven the road I can see how they fall asleep and run off the road, it is hard to concentrate and stay awake as the road goes on over the horizon in a dead straight line to the horizon, some bends but then straight again for miles.We soon passed out of the hills of the Pilbarra and the landscape changes again with green trees and water in the rivers. The ghost gums are thick and bending in the wind but still lots of them, so the water must be better here. The rivers we passed over are now full of water and the cattle are thick on the banks. It is weird that the trees just stop and then the flood plains stretch for miles with absolutely nothing for miles, low scrub and grass make it the perfect pasture for the cattle which are now more obvious. The RAC caravan park is really nice lots of shade trees and great facilities will try out the pool tomorrow it looks great too. Washing and relaxing for the week we have booked may stay longer will see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb